Search the forum,

Discuss Karl dahm washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Grace'sDad

I know the problem you mean.

Try 2 things though: 1)Don't use too much pressure on the wipe-off.

2) When you run the float over the rollers, get into the habit of turning the float round 180degrees and run it from the other end. When you get to the "back" of the float on the rollers (just before it runs off them) tilt the nose up so that you really wring out the last bit of water which tends to collect at the back of the sponge.

Hope this helps.

B

brian c

tbh,i was getting fed up with the washboy and probs with it,that i reverted back to the sponges...Rubi ones are good.

K

karlm98

you have to get used to getting the water out of the sponges, keep trying but only use on the bigger stuff, splashbacks are always better with the old method of sponge hands bucket..

the sponges that come with the Karl Dahm are really good just throw your utility knife around the sponge (new blade) not to deep just enough say 3mm..that should help grab more grout.rinse i always do more than two go's over the rollers and tilt back so the ends wring out.

S

steve187

new sponges tend to hold the water for a while, i always soak mine for a bit first.

looking on the karl dahm site has anyone tried the hand sponges

Reply to Karl dahm washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen